Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What is your core business?

I came across this interesting Microsoft interview in Businessweek. In case you have forgotten Microsoft's core business is software. Knowing your core business gives you clarity and a sense of purpose. It definitely simplifies your decision making when you're trying to start a new business or enter a new industry.

I applied this thinking in a meeting I had with my potential startup partners. It became very clear that the technology we had been discussing was not essentially what we were about. Technology is constantly changing but our vision will remain the same. Once we crystallized our vision, we all became completely focused on how we went about actualizing that vision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, always i used to check webpage posts here in the early hours in the break of
day, as i like to find out more and more.

Feel free to surf to my blog post bmi calculation